The CFSPH and the IICAB
Acceptance of Terms
ANY USE OF THE CFSPH WEBSITE CONSTITUES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE TERMS AS STATED IN THIS DOCUMENT. If you do not agree to these terms, you may not use the CFSPH website, its content, or files. Be advised that these terms can be changed at any time, without notice and will be effective immediately upon posting to the CFSPH website.
Any questions concerning these terms or requests for permission to use our content and files can be directed through the CFSPH contact form or call 515.294.1492.
Notice of Copyright and Usage
The CFSPH website and all files contained herein (e.g. text, images, graphics, PDF files, PowerPoint files, etc.) are copyrighted by Iowa State University, unless otherwise noted.
The main goal of the CFSPH website is to educate the public. In lieu of this, the CFSPH acknowledges the “fair use” provision of copyright law and provides users of this website with specific terms for the use of any material contained in this website.
Individuals are granted the use of the materials on this website without written permission provided that ALL of the following are met:
- The content and files on this site are used for criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, or research purposes;
- The content and files on this site are used for non-commercial purposes;
- The content and files on this site do not make up a significant portion of any materials, written or otherwise, produced outside the CFSPH;
- The content and files are not hosted or distributed from a non-CFSPH server or website.
- Reference to the CFSPH and the CFSPH website is made when the content and files on this site are being used.
Permission to use our materials is required for ANY of the following:
- The content and files on this site are used for purposes other than criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, or research purposes;
- The content and files on this site are used for commercial or for-profit purposes;
- The content and files on this site make up a significant portion of any materials, written or otherwise, created by any person, company, or organization.
- The content and files on this site, especially the PDF and PowerPoint files, are to be hosted or distributed on any server or website not owned or maintained by the CFSPH.
- The content and files on this site, especially the PDF and PowerPoint files, are to be distributed directly from any CD-ROM or written publication not affiliated with the CFSPH/IICAB.
THE CFSPH/IICAB RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REJECT ANY REQUESTS FOR PERMISSION TO USE THE FILES AND CONTENT ON THIS SITE. When requesting permission, the CFSPH may require that a citation, the CFSPH logo, the IICAB logo, and/or a link to our website be presented with our files and content.
If our files and content are used in violation with the terms stated above or used despite a rejection of permission, you, your company, and/or organization will be subject to prosecution for copyright infringement.
Limitation of Liability
CONTENT AND FILES ON THE CFSPH WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. ACCESS TO THE CFSPH WEBSITE AND THE USE OF THE CONTENT AND FILES IS AT THE SOLE RISK OF THE USER.
Users of this website will NOT hold the CFSPH, its contributors, or Iowa State University responsible for technical inaccuracies, typographical errors, dated information, or technology related problems (e.g. server and database errors or outages, broken links, missing files, etc.).
We do not warrant that downloaded files from this website will be free of all malicious or contaminating code such as viruses, worms, and Trojan horses although significant effort is put forth to avoid any such issues.
The content contained on this site is continually updated, without notice to our users, as new scientific findings emerge, inaccuracies are corrected, or as the CFSPH deems necessary. The CFSPH also reserves the right to modify or discontinue any portion of this website, temporarily or permanently, without notice.
The information contained on this site should not be the sole source used for diagnosing or treating any disease of animals or humans. Trained veterinarians and health care providers should be contacted in all cases of illness or disease. Never delay, disregard, or avoid seeking advice from a health care provider or veterinarian on account of something on this site.
The CFSPH does not diagnose human or animal diseases and should not be contacted for this purpose. The CFSPH should not be contacted in the event that an act of terrorism is suspect. In the event of a national security risk, please contact the appropriate authorities.
WE ARE NOT LIABLE TO ANY USER OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY DECISION MADE OR ACTION TAKEN BASED ON RELIANCE UPON THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE CFSPH WEBSITE.
Commercial Endorsement Disclaimer
The use of trade, firm, or corporation names in any files or content on this website is for the information of the reader. Such use does not constitute an official endorsement or approval by the CFSPH. The CFSPH makes no claims of endorsement to any commercial product or service.
The CFSPH collects personal information ONLY when users register for services on the CFSPH website. This information is collected to verify authorized access to services and information, contact users, conduct research, and for statistical analysis.
All personally identifiable data entered on this site is encrypted with secure server software (SSL). The encryption means that data are protected while being transferred over the Internet to the CFSPH servers.
In addition to using the most secure technology available, we de-identify the information users provide before it is used in any aggregate reporting that may be done.
The CFSPH does not rent, sell, or share user information with any group, with the following exceptions:
- Responding to subpoena, court orders or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- The CFSPH maintains a list of individuals who have completed any of the Continuing Education courses offered on this website and may share that information to local, state, or federal authorities upon request.
The CFSPH reserves the right to deny any registration request. The CFSPH also reserves the right to cancel any user’s registration at any time. To cancel your registration, please contact the CFSPH.
University Nondiscrimination Statement
Iowa State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, sex, marital status, disability, or status as a U.S. veteran. Inquiries can be directed to the Director of Equal Opportunity and Compliance, 3280 Beardshear Hall, (515) 294-7612.