Handbook for Zoonotic Diseases of Companion Animals
First Edition, 2008
Edited by Glenda Dvorak, DVM, MS, MPH, DACVPM;
Anna Rovid-Spickler, DVM, PhD and
James A. Roth, DVM, PhD
This handbook was developed to provide veterinarians, physicians, and public health professionals with information on zoonotic diseases of companion animals. It also serves as a tool for educating staff and the general public on the recognition and prevention of zoonotic diseases.
Content of the book includes:
- Overview of zoonotic diseases and the need for multi-disciplinary collaboration
- Epidemiology of companion animal bites and scratches
- Veterinarians' legal liability for zoonotic disease
- Technical zoonotic disease fact sheets with annotated disease images
- General public prevention education handouts
The next book in this series, "Zoonoses: Protecting People and Their Pets" will be published later in 2012. The new book will focus on the prevention of zoonotic diseases of companion animals while encouraging and supporting the human–animal bond.
Sold Out: New Edition Coming Soon