Veterinary Biologics Training Program
September 20-24, 2021 Ames Iowa (Virtual option available December 1, 2021)
The Veterinary Biologics Training Program (VBTP) provides an overview of the USDA regulatory process for assuring the purity, safety, potency and efficacy of veterinary biologics (vaccines, bacterins, antisera, diagnostic kits and other products of biological origin). Representatives from the USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service’s (APHIS) Center for Veterinary Biologics (CVB) present information on the requirements and processes for licensing/registration and testing of veterinary biological products. The inspection and compliance process for production, release and post-marketing surveillance of veterinary biological products is covered in both lectures and workshops.
Professionals working in the veterinary biologics industry, researchers developing biologics, and regulatory personnel are encouraged to attend and learn about current CVB requirements. This course is a highly regarded overview of the current regulatory guidelines in the U.S. The Program is organized by the Institute for International Cooperation in Animal Biologics (IICAB) and is co-sponsored by the USDA APHIS CVB and the Iowa State University College of Veterinary Medicine.
The Program has been offered annually from 1996-2019. Over 3000 individuals have attended the program, including 876 international attendees from 96 countries.
Agenda (Subject to Change)
Day 1 -
Monday, Sep 20
Day 2 -
Tuesday, Sep 21
Day 3 -
Wednesday, Sep 22
Day 4 -
Thursday, Sep 23
Day 5 -
Friday, Sep 24
Participants can register for the entire program or individual days. We are offering both in-person and virtual options. Please register by Sept 1, 2021. Depending on availability, late applications may be accepted.
Pricing: In-Person or Virtual is the same price.
|Group||Full Program: 5 days||Single Day(s)|
|Industry||$2,000 USD||$425 USD|
|Government / Academic||$1,000 USD||$225 USD|
In-Person Attendance: Sept 20-24, 2021 Ames IA
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch, breaks, and 2 dinners (Mon and Thur) are included.
- Meeting location: Gateway Hotel, Ames IA (see below for lodging links)
- Recommended Airport: Des Moines International Airport (DSM) is 40 miles from the meeting.
- International Attendees: We will provide transportation between the DSM Airport and the meeting hotel. You must arrange your own housing at the Gateway Hotel through this link .
- US Attendees: Group lodging for US residents is available at the Gateway Hotel .
- We will apply to have the program approved by the Registry of Approved Continuing Education for in-person attendance by veterinarians or veterinary technicians. The last program was approved for about 30 hours of CE. We expect the number of credits to be similar.
- Presentations will be in English, we will provide access to the presenters’ slides.
- Covid-19 policies will be consistent with CDC, State of Iowa, Iowa State University, and City of Ames applicable recommendations.
Virtual Attendance: Dec 1, 2021 – Jan 31, 2022 Online
- Online access to videos of the In-Person speaker presentations (in English)
- Video subtitles in Spanish and English
- Opportunity to submit questions
- Access to the presenters’ slides in English
- Will be available by December 1, 2021 or earlier
- Access anytime until January 31, 2022
- View presentations in any order, and at your own pace
- No CE credit
Registration is now open!
More information about the USDA Center for Veterinary Biologics
IICAB Immunology Courses
The IICAB offers three courses related to veterinary immunology and vaccinology. The courses range from a five hour introduction to more in depth study of veterinary immunology and vaccinology. This material was part of the VBTP for 15 years and can be helpful for researchers or industry personnel hoping to better understand the veterinary vaccinology.