Veterinarians: Resources for Beef Facilities
Beef cattle production is a segmented and diverse industry. Endemic diseases cost producers millions of dollars each year, and the introduction of a foreign animal disease could devastate the entire industry almost instantly. It is not necessary to suffer the effects of a foreign animal disease to demonstrate the benefits of a biological risk management plan (BRM).
BRM is designed to help establish a comfort level in evaluating risks in three of the most commonly recognized segments of the industry: cow-calf, feedlot, and stocker/backgrounder.
- Beef BRM Document (PDF 400KB)
- Beef BRM Key Points (PDF 167KB)
- Beef BRM Toolbox (PDF 74KB)
- Transmission Routes Definitions (PDF 185KB)
- Transmission Routes Handouts (PDF 117KB)
- Bovine Routes of Transmission (PDF 378KB)
- Beef BRM References (PDF 41KB)
- Probability Graph (PDF 181KB)
- Beef Pre-assessment Questionnaire (DOC 75KB)
- Daily Visitor Log (DOC 310KB)
- Visitor Questionnaire (DOC 294KB)